Step-by-Step directions for course registration can be found here.
Course Registration Timeframe
The Crimson Cart will open to students on:
- January 17th, for all students who have checked-in.
HGSE Courses in the Crimson Cart must be submitted by:
- January 24th, at 3 p.m. (The Finish Enrolling button) You should register for the HGSE courses you know you will take by this deadline. Cross-registered courses are not subject to the January 24th HGSE deadline.
Adding and Dropping Courses
Students who have enrolled in at least one course by August 30, can subsequently add or drop courses without a fee.
- The add/drop/grade option deadline for HGSE courses and Spring 1 modules is February 14th.
- The add/drop/grade option deadline for HGSE courses and Spring 2 modules is April 1st.
- For information regarding J-Term, please click (TBD).
For information regaring cross-registration, please click here.
If you are a student interested in auditing a course at HGSE you will need to contact the faculty member or faculty assistant for the course and request permission. Audited courses may not be taken for credit, and may not be converted into credit for use toward a degree at a future point. Once your request is approved, the faculty member or faculty assistant will grant you "guest" access to the Canvas course platform.
If you are a student outside of Harvard University, you must create a Harvard XID account by using your official school e-mail address. Once your request is approved, the faculty member or faculty assistant will grant you "guest" access to the Canvas course platform.