Information for HGSE Students
Harvard University provides students at the Harvard Graduate School of Education with a wealth of opportunities to pursue academic, cultural, and recreational interests beyond the HGSE campus. Cross-registration is an excellent way to explore classes and subjects that HGSE does not offer, as well as to connect with colleagues at the other Harvard schools.
Please take a few moments to review the cross-registration process at Harvard.
If you are looking to cross-register at MIT, complete course information is on their Course Catalog. Please follow the directions here. In addition, you will also need to submit a petition via my.Harvard.
The cross-registration dates and deadlines for other Harvard schools can be found here.
Information for Non-HGSE Students
Students from Harvard University (with the exception of the Division of Continuing Education), the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, can search for courses at HGSE, by selecting Graduate School of Education on my.Harvard. Note, that while tuition is not charged, a mandatory $25 per course fee will be charged for digital content created specifically for HGSE courses, in addition to any required books.
- January 18th cross-registration opens for courses
- Januaru 19 & 20th course previews
- February 12th cross-registration ends for Full Term courses and Spring 1 modules; last day to drop or change grade preference for a Full Term course or Spring 1 module
- April 1st cross-registration ends for Spring 2 modules; last day to drop or change grade preference for a Spring 2 course
For information about credit conversions: https://courses.harvard.edu/credit_conversion
Please note: Harvard College students are not able to cross-register during the J-Term, per FAS policy.
Winter Term Cross-Registration Dates and Deadlines for Non-HGSE Students
- November 9th and 10th cross-registration opens and course previews take place; Course Preview Schedule
- November 13th deadline to apply for limited-enrollment courses.
- December 3rd deadline to register for Winter Term