Notarized Document Requests


Please note: Harvard Graduate School of Education does not keep copies of your original diploma.

Email the HGSE Office of the Registrar if you need a notarized copy of your diploma, and schedule an appointment to bring your original diploma to the Registrar's Office in person. If you cannot bring your diploma in person, you may mail your original diploma with a private carrier pre-paid return label and envelope (e.g. UPS, FedEx, DHL) so that we may return the original diploma and the notarized copy.

Send your diploma to:

Harvard Graduate School of Education

Office of the Registrar

13 Appian Way

Longfellow Hall G006

Cambridge, MA 02138


Diplomas and notarized copies will only be mailed to you. The HGSE Office of the Registrar cannot mail diplomas or notarized copies to third parties.

If you need an apostille, you must make your own arrangements with the Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to send the notarized copy of your document. Contact the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Office of the Secretary, Public Records Division for details.



Notarized official transcripts are ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse website. Please be sure to note in the special instructions field that your transcript must be notarized.

Degree or Enrollment Verification Letters

Email the HGSE Office of the Registrar if you require notarized degree verification letters or certificates of enrollment. 



The Office of the Registrar can take up to a week to obtain a notarized signature.